CARPET & UPHOLSTERY CLEANING
Serving The Calgary, Alberta Area Since 1989
I am a professional carpet cleaner with over 25 years of experience cleaning both residential and commercial carpets and upholstery and was the manager of Aardvark Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning for over 15 years.
I am available to clean your carpets and upholstery on Weekdays, Weekends and Holidays from 10:00 am until 10:00 pm. I am as well often available to clean late at night such as in stores, restaurants & bars..
I use what is commonly referred to as "steam cleaning", and my equipment is the best available. I use only the highest quality detergents and cleaning agents. They are non-toxic to children and pets and leave virtually no residue like the lower quality cleaning agents often do. My cleaning methods clean your carpets and upholstery in a far superior way then many other carpet cleaning companies - and at a far lower cost.
Reasons To Hire Me To Clean Your Carpets & Upholstery
Because I am self-employed, I can clean your carpets and upholstery at a price far lower than the large companies - often up to 50% lower!
When you hire a large company, you are paying mainly for the company's overhead and only a small percentage is actually going to the cleaner. The cleaner has to make up for his low pay by trying to sell you all sorts of extras.
Most cleaners are paid a far higher percentage of any extras they sell you then they are paid from the main cleaning that you have hired them to do.
Some of the things these companies will charge extra for are things like "Stain Removal", "Pre-Soaking", "Moving Your Furniture", "Placing Pads Under Your Furniture", "Extra Time", "Weekend or Evening Work", "Waste Disposal", and all sorts of other things that can be dreamed up. Many times these extra charges will nearly double your quoted price.
I don't ever charge you extra for anything, and your price will always be what I quoted you or less - unless you add extra furniture or carpet you want me to clean once I have arrived. I will even give you a 10% discount for any empty rooms.
I Spend More Time Cleaning:
Carpet and upholstery cleaning takes time to get the job done right. I can spend far longer cleaning your carpets and upholstery than a cleaner employed by a large company. Cleaners for large companies have no choice than to rush through your job as quickly as possible to fit as many jobs into their day as they can.
I spend as much as 2 to 3 times longer cleaning your carpets and upholstery then others, and at a lower cost. Remember, the longer the cleaner spends cleaning, the better your carpets and upholstery will turn out.
Superior Cleaning Experience:
I began cleaning carpets and upholstery in 1989. I have cleaned tens of thousands of carpets and pieces of upholstery since then, and have perfected my techniques a long time ago.
Proper carpet and upholstery cleaning is truly a skill that can only be perfected over time. It includes equal parts of physical skill and knowledge. It really is far more difficult then what a professional cleaner makes it appear.
When you hire a large company, the cleaner will often have less than a months experience. This is because the carpet cleaning industry has a very high employee turnover rate. Mainly because of low pay and an extremely stressful work environment caused by the employer, very few people last very long before they quit. It is a constant struggle for many large companies to retain employees.
Most people you meet who have ever tried carpet cleaning, will tell you that it was the worst job they ever had, and they quit within a week. Perhaps if they were paid better and given enough time to get the job done right, they would have found the job far more enjoyable and fulfilling, as I did.
You Don't Have To Do A Bunch Of Work Before I Arrive:
Many carpet cleaners expect you to move all your furniture for them to clean. If they have to move your furniture, you will be charged a lot of extra money. I will move your furniture for absolutely nothing extra - in fact I will take 10% off of the price for any rooms that are empty.
Some as well expect you to vacuum before they arrive. This is ridiculous - you've hired them to clean your carpets, many of my clients don't even have vacuum cleaners. If any carpet cleaner expects you to vacuum before they clean, they must have a very poor machine. You can leave your carpets as messy as you like with me, after all it's my job to clean them - not yours.
Available When Others Are Not:
Most people work during the day and not on Weekends or Holidays. Most carpet cleaning companies work during the day and not on Weekends or Holidays. That means most people have to take time off of work to get their carpets and upholstery cleaned.
I work on Weekdays, Weekends and Holidays, I start at 10:00 am and work until 10:00 pm or later. There of course is no extra charges for these uncommon work hours.
Always On Time:
You can choose the exact time for me to arrive at your home or business. We all know that anytime you call anyone for service, it's always, "we'll be there between 9:00 am to 12:00 noon, or 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm", and that's if your lucky.
Unless the jobs are very small, I generally don't book more than two appointments for the day. If I am ever going to be late for any reason, I will call you. Because I am self-employed, I do not need to do ten jobs a day to earn a living. I can come at your convienience and stay as long as it takes to do the job right.
Why You Should Hire A Professional Carpet Cleaner Instead Of Cleaning Your Own
If you need to clean your carpets and feel you will come out ahead by doing them yourself...
this section is for you.
The Facts About Renting Your Own Carpet Cleaning Machine:
* It's a Lousy Machine - A rented carpet cleaning machine is only about 1/10th as powerful as a good professional machine. It simply cannot compete in both injecting solution into your carpets, and most importantly, extracting the solution. It can take up to a week for your carpets to dry when cleaned with a rental machine, whereas it takes only 12 to 24 hours for your carpets to dry by using a professional.
* Poor Quality Detergents - The detergents that you have to purchase with rental machines are of terrible quality and astronomically overpriced. These detergents don't even come close to having the cleaning power of professional detergents, and often require you to buy all sorts of stain removers for nearly every stain. Professional detergent is purchased in dry form in 5 gallon drums, and mixed before the job. It costs a professional carpet cleaner only about $2.00 for the detergent required to clean a two-bedroom suite, compared to the $25.00 to $50.00 the rental store will charge you, and professional detergent is immensely superior then the detergent that comes with a rental machine. It is formulated to remove almost every kind of stain and leave no residue. The detergent you must purchase with a rental machine often leaves a sticky residue that will attract dirt and cause you to have to have to clean your carpets again in a couple of months time. Professional detergents are formulated to actually repel dirt and you will find your carpets stay cleaner for far longer after the cleaning and as well you will find that vacuuming will become far easier and does a better job then before your carpets were professionally cleaned.
* No Offense - But You Don't Know How to Carpet Clean - The fact is that a professional can do a better job on your carpets using your rental machine than you could do by using the professionals machine that is 10 times more powerful then the rental machine. Correct methods to properly clean carpets are a skill that takes a long time and a lot of experience to learn. If you have never carpet cleaned before, you will not do a good job cleaning your carpets, even if you use the most powerful machine available.
* Lots Of Extra Costs - To clean a two-bedroom suite, a rental machine will cost approximately $50.00 for the days rental and $25.00 for a gallon of detergent. You will most likely have to rush back to the store to buy another gallon of detergent about 3/4 of the way through your job, which will probably cause you to be to late to return the machine that day, forcing you to pay another days rent. And after you do return it, you will most probably be charged another $25.00 dollars because no matter how well you cleaned the machine, it will never be clean enough, - and there is nothing you can do about it, because they have your credit card information. And don't think you'll be able to return any unused detergent - even if you didn't open it; They don't allow that.
* Lots Of Hassle - You generally have to pre-book the rental machine. Go to the store and fill out all sorts of paperwork. Leave your credit card information. Haul the machine, hoses, wands, detergents, and stain removers to your home. Figure out how to use the machine once you get it home. Spend hours and hours trying to clean your carpet. Generally have to rush back to the store for more detergent. Try to finish the job and return the machine before you have to pay another days rental fee. And don't forget, you have to clean the machine until it's clean enough to eat off of before you return it, or you'll be charged an extra $25.00. Then argue with your landlord over your damage deposit because they insist your carpets must be professionally cleaned - and your not a professional.
Why You Should Hire A Professional Instead Of Doing It Yourself:
* For an empty one-bedroom suite with living-room and hallway, I charge $80.00. For an empty two-bedroom suite with living-room and hallway I charge $100.00. That's it. No surprise or extra charges. I have often came down in price if the apartment is very small, and I have often came down in price if money is tight for my customer.
* I arrive right at the arranged time with all my equipment and do it all. Your only job is to open the door and let me in. Everything else is taken care of for you. You don't have to move furniture or clean up the place before I arrive.
* While it will take you all day or more to clean your carpets after you finally get the machine home, I will show up right on time, clean your carpets perfectly, and be out of your house at the approximate estimated cleaning time, leaving you with beautifully clean carpets, that will be dry in about 12 to 24 hours - depending on the type of carpet and air temperature.
* You have a guarantee of satisfaction. I guarantee that you will be satisfied with my work and that I have done everything possible to make your carpets as clean as they possibly can be. Of course, while most stains can be removed, there are some stains that cannot ever come out. These stains are generally caused by the red dye in many soft drinks and childrens' treats, dyes in many household cleaning products such as dishwashing liquid that people have used on their carpets to try to clean spills, and anything that has bleached the carpet. These stains can often be faded out to a considerable degree, though because these stains have actually altered the dye in the carpet, they are often permanent and can only be corrected by re-dying the spot to once again match the surrounding carpet.
* You get a receipt from a professional carpet cleaner. This is often very important to get your damage deposit back. Your lease probably states that to receive your full damage deposit back, your carpets must be professionally cleaned upon moving out. With this receipt, you have fulfilled your legal obligations to your landlord. If there is any problem with the cleanliness of the carpet, it is now between me and your landlord and not you and your landlord. Of course, if you have covered your carpets with burn holes, or spilled a gallon of bleach on your carpet - that's still your problem.
You simply cannot do as good a job as a professional carpet cleaner, so save yourself a lot of hassle, back breaking work, and money - hire a professional rather than thinking you will get ahead by doing it yourself.
Call Jeff @ (403) 667 2325